Crispy food without the oil? Sign me up please! I absolutely love using an air fryer for cooking up quick and easy classic fried meals such as fries and chicken wings. The air fryer requires little to no oil to get your food nice and crispy, and it does that by circulating hot air to cook the food inside and out. I’ve been using the As Seen on TV Elite Digital Low Fat Air Fryer and I love the large basket (5.5 quarts) and the easy set up and clean up.
The biggest benefit I’ve seen to using an air fryer is the reduced amount of oil, as well as the really fast cooking time. It can usually cook food that would take twice as long in a conventional oven, and it requires little to no time to heat up. It’s especially great for whipping up kids snacks and meals!
One great tip is to make sure that you don’t overcrowd the food in the basket to allow the air to circulate and maximize the amount of crisp you get in your final result.
The cool thing about air fryers though that not a lot of people know is that they’re not just for fries and chicken wings. You can actually make so many things, including steak, salmon, and even roast a whole chicken.
I’m sharing 3 delicious, easy and convenient recipes (including an air fryer pizza! Yes, pizza!).
Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bites
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1.5 cups Honey Garlic Sauce (or your favourite BBQ sauce)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Optional: ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Olive oil spray
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 360F for 5 minutes
- Thoroughly wash and dry the cauliflower, and separate into small to medium sized florets
- Add the honey garlic sauce to the cauliflower and mix well, ensuring all florets are covered
- Next, mix the breadcrumbs with all the seasoning and coat the cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket in one layer, and spray with a bit of olive oil
- Cook at 360F for 20 minutes (you can cook in several batches to ensure you don’t overcrowd them and get crispier results)
Easy Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients: (makes 8)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Small Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (plus an additional 2 cups)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Olive Oil spray
- Start by preheating your air fryer at 360F for 5 minutes
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and marinate with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and salt
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil for a few minutes then add the marinated chicken breast
- Cook for 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally, until all pieces are white and cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning (add more taco seasoning as required, depending on the brand used)
- Mix the cooked chicken breast with the shredded cheese and parsley
- Wrap the flour tortillas in wet paper towels and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them soft and pliable
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in the middle of the tortilla. Add more cheese on top (per preference – I love mine cheesy!), and roll tightly
- Stack the taquitos with the seam side down in the air fryer basket (preferably along side the basket wall to avoid them unrolling). Add 4 at a time and cook in 2 batches
- Spray each taquito twice with olive oil spray and cook at 360F for 12 minutes
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, and spicy mayo and enjoy!
Air Fryer Personal Pizza
- Ready made pizza crust
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Bocconcini Cheese
- Sundried Tomato
- Tomato Sauce
- Fresh Basil
- Chilli Flakes
- Dried Oregano
- Olive Oil Spray
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 370F for 5 minutes
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 2-3 circular shapes using a pot lid to get an even shape
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil and place one of the pizzas dough inside (you will cook one pizza at a time)
- Pre-cook the dough at 370F for 4 minutes
- Once dough is pre-cooked, assemble the pizza inside the air fryer basket by adding the sauce, mozzarella cheese, bocconcini, and sundried tomato (or use any other toppings you love!)
- Cook the pizza at 370F for 6 minutes
- Remove the pizza and top with chilli flakes, oregano and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Air fryer recipes you’ll love for any meal
Along with being a way to enjoy your favourite food in a healthier way, we love the flexibility an air fryer brings. Check out our wide selection of top-rated air fryers here.
Looking for more recipe ideas for the air fryer?
Take a look at these 17 Air Fryer Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert.