I’m currently pulling the second batch of this avocado bruschetta recipe out of the oven, and the aroma is heavenly!
If there’s one recipe that I just can’t live without, it’s bruschetta.
Bruschetta pairs well with pretty much everything. It’s versatile and can be served as a side dish or appetizer. But…let’s be honest here for a second. The real reason I love bruschetta so much is that it’s both fast and easy to throw together. And you really can’t mess it up. When you only have ten minutes to whip together a side dish because the kids are screaming, or you have friends coming over for dinner unexpectedly, this is the recipe you want to make!
We’ve been pretty obsessed with this Avocado Bruschetta recipe for the past year or so, and we have yet to get tired of it. Every time I make a batch for dinner, three quarters of the dish is gone before it even hits the table (no joke)!
Chop it like it’s hot
I’ll admit – chopping cherry tomatoes is probably one of my least favourite things to do.
The tomatoes get mushy if your knife isn’t sharp enough and the juices spray absolutely everywhere. I recently picked up a new pair of knives – the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Fin Bread Knife, and the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Santoku Knife and they are honestly amazing. Both of these Henckels knives are made in Japan and truly make chopping and cutting so much easier. If you need to upgrade your set of knives, Kitchen Stuff Plus currently has their Henckels sale on which means massive savings on ALL Henckels products! I highly recommend checking them out!
This avocado bruschetta recipe is a nice alternative to your traditional bruschetta. It’s fresh, full of flavour, and full of healthy fats and antioxidants from the veggies and fruit! Enjoy!
Avocado bruschetta with balsamic glaze recipe
Ingredients *6-8 Servings
- 1 french loaf
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 pint of tri-coloured baby tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (approx. 2 tsp)
- Balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the loaf of bread into approximately 3/4 inches thick slices. Place the slices on baking sheet, and gently brush the top side of each slice with olive oil. Toast in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, garlic, remaining olive oil, avocados, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once bread is out of the oven, top each slice with the tomato mixture, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of each slice, and lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Visit any Kitchen Stuff Plus store or shop online during our semi-annual ZWILLING and Henckels sale, only on until October 14, 2019. Want to learn more about the brand? Check out our FAQs and learn what makes ZWILLING different than Henckels.
*Henckels Sale dates updated to September 16-October 14, 2019