Summer is here, and that means it’s time to fire up the grill! We partnered with Toronto TikToker @GoldenGully to create a delicious, kebob recipe that’s super easy to make, and sure to be your new summertime favourite!
Seekh Kebab Recipe
5 garlic cloves
4 large green chilis
¼ lb. beef fat (available at any butcher shop!)
1 medium onion
2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
1 tbsp ground chilli powder
½ tbsp ground cumin
½ tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp of salt, or to taste
- Add garlic and green chilis into a food processor and mix finely.
- Incorporate beef fat into the garlic and chili mixture until they turn into even crumbs.
- Grate one medium onion and transfer to a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Add garlic, chili and fat mixture along with your grated onion into the ground beef.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, black pepper and salt.
- Mix everything together until it forms a sticky consistency.
- Dip your hand in warm water and take roughly 200 grams (roughly 1 cup) of your kebab mixture and form into a ball.
- Squeeze the center of the ball lengthwise against the skewer until it wraps around the skewer, resulting in the skewer being in the center of the kebab ball.
- While holding the skewer in one hand, use your other hand and slowly squeeze and shape the ball so it stretches into a cylinder.
- Make little dimples by squeezing your thumb and index finger along the full length of the kebab.
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill with indirect heat.
- Place your skewers directly above the heat and slowly rotate and minute until it becomes golden brown.
- Optional: brush melted butter over the kebabs halfway through the cooking process.
- Slide kebabs to the cooler side of the grill when they are nearly done.
- Slowly take kebabs off the skewers and serve
Serve the Kebabs with naan and chutney (mint or tamarind is best!) and enjoy. For an extra special touch, present your meal on this beautiful bamboo serving board, and use this cute lemon bowl to serve your chutney to add a fun summer look to your table.
We’ve put together all the tools you need to recreate this recipe right at home. Click here for all your grilling essentials!
Watch @goldengully’s video here!