Here is a Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly treat that is light, tasty and refreshing! This is a dessert that originates from Thailand, where coconut milk is often used in desserts.
Did you know coconut milk is actually very healthy? It’s full of important nutrients like manganese. Manganese may be beneficial for bone health and may help decrease inflammation. Other benefits of coconut milk also may include decreasing stomach ulcer size and fighting viruses and bacteria. [Source: Healthline]
That said, I wanted to create a healthy dessert recipe to showcase stylish, affordable and dependable kitchen and coffee tools found at Kitchen Stuff Plus.
To make the dessert, I first used KSP Kava Manual Coffee Grinder to grind fresh coffee beans.
I transferred the fresh ground coffee beans into KSP Milano ‘Double Wall’ French Coffee Press where I then added hot water to brew the coffee, before pressing down to filter out the grinds.
You may also use the Bialetti Venus Stovetop Espresso Maker for a stronger coffee taste.
I brought the vegan dessert mixture to a boil and then on a low simmer, while stirring constantly. I allowed it to rest on the stove over low heat to prevent the mixture from forming into a solid jelly.
In another small pot, I whisked together my coconut milk, agar agar powder, maple syrup and water. Bringing it to a boil and then a low simmer, stirring constantly. I allowed this to sit on low heat to also prevent it from solidifying.
Then in a square glass resealable container, I measured out 1⁄2 cup of the coffee mixture and gently poured it into the base of the container allowing it to set and solidify. Once it set, then I measured out 1⁄2 cup of coconut milk and poured it over top of my coffee jelly. I repeated this process until I filled the container. Allow your jelly to set in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight, until it turns into the delicious vegan dessert you envisioned. Slice and enjoy!
Vegan Coffee Coconut Jelly Recipe
Serves: 9 small squares
Ready: in 2 hours
- 6.5 tablespoons coffee beans, grounded
- 3 cups boiling hot water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tablespoon oat milk
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- In a coffee press, add coffee grind and boiling hot water. Press out the grind. Pour the coffee into a small pot and whisk maple syrup, agar agar powder, and oat milk. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- In another small pot, whisk together coconut milk, water, maple syrup and agar agar powder. Bring to a boil and then a low simmer, keep over low heat to prevent this from solidifying into a jelly.
- Then in a square glass resealable container, measure out 1/2 cup of the coffee liquid and gently pour into your container. Allow this to solidify and set at room temperature. Once firm to touch, then gently pour 1/2 cup of the coconut mixture and allow this to set. Repeat process untilyou’ve filled your container.
- Seal your container and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Slice into small squares and enjoy with fruit and sweet condensed coconut milk!