With the Game Day just around the corner, I’m sharing two crowd-pleasing game day snacks that can be made in the air fryer in under 15 minutes and I’m going to say it – they are BETTER than a touchdown #hereforthefood!
These Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers and Stuffed Pretzel Bites are classics. The poppers are filled with a creamy cheese filling and wrapped in bacon, giving you a satisfyingly savoury crunch. The stuffed pretzel bites are pillowy soft, glazed with garlic butter and filled with lots of cheese and salami. Serve with a side of beer (or non-alcoholic beverage of your choice) using these beautifully crafted Pilsner Glasses and you’re ready to cheer on your favourite team with friends!
PSA: Air fryers are game changing.
These easy-to-eat bites air fry in record time, they require simple ingredients and are so addicting you’ll want to double your batch! One of my favourite things about making these in the air fryer is how quick they are to whip up! (Full disclosure: I’ve enjoyed using this air fryer so much, I’ve been making all my dinners this week with it and I can’t see myself stopping anytime soon)! If you don’t have an air fryer yet, I would run, not walk to your local Kitchen Stuff Plus store to pick this one up (or order online with free delivery)! It’s game changing.
Planning out your serveware the day before a large gathering helps alleviate your stress levels, so I’m glad I have the KSP Porcelain Oval Chip and Dip Set as well as the KSP Savour Porcelain Entertainment Combo. I love the variety of sizes and shapes of the bowls and dishes. The small bowls are perfect for additional snacks and I even used one for the ranch dip that goes so well with the poppers! The chip and dip set is amazing to hold guacamole or salsa and tortilla chips! The dipping bowl is deep enough that you don’t have to worry about refills!
Now that you have your finger foods planned, your serve ware set and ice cold drinks ready to go, let’s enjoy everything Game Day has to offer!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
8 large jalapenos (equal sizes for even cook time)
8 oz cream cheese
½ cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or your choice)
8 slices bacon, halved
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise. Remove membrane and seeds (with gloves if possible).
- Combine cream cheese, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Mix well.
- Fill jalapenos with cream cheese mixture (do not overfill). Wrap bacon around jalapeno and secure with toothpicks*.
- Air Fry at 380F for 12 minutes or until the bacon and jalapeno is to your preferred doneness. Serve with ranch dressing or dressing of choice.
*Notes: I like to serve them with toothpicks sometimes as it’s easy to grab and mess free but this is optional!
Stuffed Pretzel Bites
1 x ball pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
8-10 slices salami
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg white + 1 tbsp water (for washing)
- Divide pizza dough into 8-10 equal parts and roll into mini discs.
- Combine parsley, garlic and butter in small bowl.
- Spread mixture onto each disc. Add a tbsp of cheese and fold salami (or cut into quarters) and layer on top.
- Fold sides of dough around filling and pinch close. Repeat for the rest of the balls.
- Brush balls with egg wash.
- Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Brush remaining butter mixture on balls while still warm.
Christine Kozovski is a new mom, food photographer and health & safety professional based out of Toronto Ontario. She shares her passion for food through easy and fresh recipes that can be found on her blog and Instagram account. She gets her food inspiration from her parents, growing up with both Asian and Mediterranean influences as well as places she’s travelled. Her adventurous side shines through when she gets to explore new cities and try new foods. She’s excited to start a different type of adventure now that her family has grown to include her 10 month old son.