What better way to welcome the warmer weather than with a bright and fresh Lemon Zucchini Pasta dish with Garlic Shrimp! This recipe has simple ingredients and comes together in just 15 minutes, giving you more time to spend enjoying this meal al fresco with family and friends.
With the Zwilling Z-Cut Spiralizer, you’ll have your zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) prepped in no time. This accessory makes healthy eating easier! It only took a couple minutes to spiralize the zucchini – and that includes a few toddler distractions! Designed and engineered in Germany, the Z-Cut accessories are sleek, easy to use and make for effortless prep in the kitchen!
The sauce is infused with fresh ingredients like parsley, garlic and lemon zest which adds brightness to this spring meal. I used the Z-Cut mini grater for the zest which worked so well, I felt like the lemon was gliding up and down the blades. (Can we also talk about the aesthetic of this line?!) I cooked the shrimp for a few minutes on each side before topping with a healthy amount of parmesan. I used the Z-Cut Multi-Grater to grate the parmesan with minimal effort. I absolutely loved the anti-slip pads on the bottom and angled side of the grater! It was such a useful and well thought out design to include in this compact grater. Plus, during the ZWILLING & Henckels Sale at Kitchen Stuff Plus, all Z-Cut Gadgets are Buy One, Get One 50% off!
This dish can be served both warm or cold. At my house, we prefer it warmed. Try not to cook the zucchini for too long though, otherwise your noodles will become soggy. You will want to warm the noodles for a few minutes to keep the al dente texture.
If you’ve never made zucchini noodles before, try following these two tips:
- After spiralizing the zucchinis, pat them dry with a paper towel to remove some moisture
- When using a spiralizer, your zucchini noodles will come out very long. Feel free to cut them into shorter noodles if you prefer
Lemon Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Garlic Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 5 min
14-16 jumbo black tiger shrimp, cleaned and deveined but leaving the tail on (optional).
1/2 lemon, juice and zested
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste (optional)
- Wash zucchini. Cut zucchini in half and use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook for a minute. Add garlic then stir shrimp for another 1-2 minutes until cooked. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add butter, lemon juice, zest and chicken broth to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and stir often. Add parsley and zoodles. Leave on heat for 1 minute before plating. Top with Parmesan and more zest if preferred.
Christine Kozovski is a new mom, food photographer and health & safety professional based out of Toronto Ontario. She shares her passion for food through easy and fresh recipes that can be found on her blog and Instagram account. She gets her food inspiration from her parents, growing up with both Asian and Mediterranean influences as well as places she’s travelled. Her adventurous side shines through when she gets to explore new cities and try new foods. She’s excited to start a different type of adventure now that her family has grown to include her 10 month old son.