Have you ever wanted the deliciousness of ice cream without the guilt?
Today, I have the answer! I’m going to show you how to make a refreshing treat with your food processor that is healthy, tasty and extremely easy to make. You only need two ingredients and there is no additional sugar or colour added. It can also be vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly. It looks like ice cream, it taste like ice cream but it’s actually made of bananas, so the internet’s officially dubbed it “nice cream”. 👍
Basic nice cream recipe
- 2 Chopped Bananas (Frozen)
- 2 Tsp Almond Milk (Unsweetened) or Coconut Milk
- Seasonal Fruits & Toppings
- Cut bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze for 30 minutes
- In a food processor, add your frozen bananas, frozen fruit and almond milk. Pulse for 1 minute until smooth.
- Serve in ice cream bowls and top with your favourite sundae toppings.
- If you’re serving the nice cream in waffle bowls, line the bowl with cookie or peanut butter to minimize leaking when the nice cream melts!
- Leftovers can be scooped into a reusable containers and frozen. When you are ready to eat, serve with an ice cream scoop.
More yummy flavour combinations
Nice cream can also be made in tons of different flavours. Here are combinations I’ve tried that are fantastic:
- Mango – Blend frozen bananas, frozen mangoes and coconut milk. Top with shredded coconut and fresh mangoes.
- Matcha – Blend frozen bananas, matcha powder and coconut milk. Top with fresh cut bananas and granola.
- Mint Chocolate Chip (contains alcohol) – Blend frozen bananas, 1 tbsp of mint liqueur, chocolate and almond milk until smooth. Top with chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
- Piña Colada (contains alcohol) – Blend frozen bananas, fresh pineapple (strained), shredded coconut and coconut milk. Add 1 tbsp of rum if serving to adults. Top with shredded coconut.
- Unicorn – Blend frozen bananas and coconut milk. Pour out half of the mixture into a separate bowl and add spirulina powder (this will make it blue nice cream). Add frozen strawberries to the remaining mixture and blend (this will make pink nice cream). Spread out the blue mixture in the bowl and slowly pour the pink mixture into the middle of the blue nice cream (be careful not to let them combine too much). Take a spoon and add a swirl to combine the two colours. Top with your favourite toppings (I like to use blueberries and cotton candy) and enjoy!
Inspiration and recipes from around Instagram
Because we are always here for “healthy” chocolate 😋:
View this post on Instagram
🌱I release a brand new plant-based meal prep plan with macros and an itemized shopping list every week! Check out my bio link for more info. . PB + Chocolate Vegan Nice Cream! . 😀PB and chocolate is by far my favorite food combo – and it’s even better in nice cream form! . 👩🍳Tag someone you want to make this for you below! . . #icecream #nicecream #veganicecream #vegandessert #dessert #veganrecipe #plantbased #easyrecipe #cleaneating #forksoverknives #nutrientdense #fruitarian #plantbasedfoods #recipeshare #healthymeals #cleaneats #mealplans #mealplanning #mealprepping #sweets #nutritious #hclf
Love strawberries? Try this delicious blend:
View this post on Instagram
💕OMG CHECK OUT THIS STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM!😍👇🏻RECIPE BELOW👇🏻 . This strawberry nice cream by @earthyandy is amazing, you have to try it!! 😍 SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER . 👇🏻Follow for the best vegan desserts —————💗————— @healthyvegandesserts @healthyvegandesserts —————💗————— . . RECIPE: 1 cup frozen strawberries 2 cups frozen tropical mix (mango, pineapple, strawberry) 1/2 cup favorite nut milk (fuller fat the better for flavor and consistency) if you have a vitamix you can use less 2 frozen ripe bananas 1/2 tsp Vanilla Sometimes we had add 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein that has a probiotic in it as well like @liveowyn or @welleco are tops favs in our home and it’s sooo good. Blend until thick and smooth! SECRET: just let it sit in the freezer for an hour so it gets like this! TIP: to make extra dessert like, add a few tbsp or a vegan creamer like Califia! It’s a-maze-ing!! 😍 . . . . #veganicecream #nicecream #veganofig #eattherainbow #healthyrecipes