This season, start a new tradition with whimsical, traditional or rustic ornaments from Kitchen Stuff Plus. There are so many unique and nostalgic varieties to select from, all of which allow your personal style to shine through!
I mixed and matched pieces from the Rustic, Animals and Novelty collections. The ornaments give just the right boho-chic vibe, and with a few splashes of glitzy colour, I love how our tree turned out!
Tips for creating a perfectly harmonious Christmas tree:
1) Select a colour scheme, comprising of no more than 2-3 colours. This will anchor your decor and make sure your tree does not look too busy, regardless of how many ornaments you hang (and I say, the more the merrier!) I love traditional colours of red, green and gold for the holidays, but I’ve also added a few silver ornaments to fill hollow spaces on my flocked tree.
2) Choose ornaments that follow a theme. This year, I’m obsessed with the animal and rustic ornaments at Kitchen Stuff Plus! They’re made with classics textiles of burlap, yarn, felt and wood to give a homespun, timeless look. My boys love the whimsical characters and find a new favourite every day! Bonus: many of the ornaments are decked out in my colour scheme, which makes it easy to mix and match between collections.
3) Switch things up with a modern burst of colour. Amidst all the rustic décor are a few splashes of gold, courtesy of this metallic “Cheers” ornament and golden Eiffel Tower! They’re completely unexpected and add an additional level of interest to the overall look. If you opt to go for a more modern approach, using ornaments from the Silver & Gold collection, then you would switch things up with a few homey or old-fashioned ornaments. Trust me, it works!
4) Finish the look with a coordinating tree skirt. I prefer muted skirts because I believe your tree should do the talking. This KSP Christmas Tree Skirt Sequins with Snowflakes perfectly dresses the tree without overwhelming it.
5) There’s no right way to decorate. These are all simple tips, but what makes the holidays merry are the memories you’ll make! If you love a chaotic tree, go for it. If you prefer just a few ornaments in the same colour family, you do “hue”. It’s the traditions you create that will stay with your loved ones all their lives.
Great news! Buy One, Get One 50% Off* Ornaments, just in time for the holiday season! Click here to shop the full collection of holiday ornaments from Kitchen Stuff Plus!
Lena Almeida (@listen2lena) is a content creator, lifestyle influencer and photography enthusiast. A mom of two energetic tween boys, her content is focused on family, food and finding those imperfect moments that make life perfectly entertaining!