Happy fall, everyone! What better way to enjoy the crisp September weather than with a fall staple – the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
The warm aromas of cinnamon infused with the delicious flavour of pumpkin pie makes this fall favourite the perfect treat to kick off your morning. Lately, I’ve discovered how simple it is to make this at home! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’re good to go.
Skip the busy coffee shop line up (and the $$$) by choosing to make this drink in the comfort of your own kitchen. Not only will you save some serious money but you can have it any time you want without you know, having to actually go anywhere. 🙌
What you need:
- Handheld Milk Frother
- Saucepan (if you don’t have one handy, you can also use the microwave)
- Your favourite mug (fall’s always a great time for new mugs too, don’t you think? ☺️)
- 1 cup milk (I use 2% or almond milk but feel free to use the type your prefer)
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup espresso
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan on low heat. Continuously stir the mixture while it is simmering to avoid curdling the milk. Once the milk has hit a slow boil, remove from heat and pour into your mug. (Alternative: Microwave the milk mixture in your mug at 30 second intervals for 2 minutes – stir at each interval)
- Froth the mixture with a milk frother (or a small whisk) to create a foamy consistency.
- Slowly add in the espresso to the mug
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
Feel free to get create and adjust this recipe to your own taste. Sometimes, I like to add a pinch of nutmeg to change things up!
Made your own Pumpkin Spice Latte?
We want to see it! Be sure to follow @MousseTaco and @KSPstuff on Instagram and tag us in your #PSL posts! Need a good espresso to add to your latte? Check out my post on Stovetop Coffee with a Moka Pot!